Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

And the Mystery Continues

So I toiled and struggled to sew this octagon in such a way that the center will lie perfectly flat.  It didn't.  I plan to take a class soon to learn how to do this.  Meanwhile, I resorted to my usual coverup, an appliqued circle.  I then cut the center out of the octagon, framed it in a yellow,which in retrospect should have been a bias cut, then appliqued it again to a roller coaster motif.

I took risks with the fabric choices and I'm not quite sure if I like it yet.  I like the composition, but the colors, well . . . we'll just see what happens. It's only 6 1/2" inches, and others will be adding to it. I'll find out in December when I receive the final product with everyone's contributions sewn on.  I like that.




2 comments:

  1. The symmetry and colour of the octagon provides a notable contrast to the chaotic randomness of the stark black and white roller coasters, and the centre bandaid, oops, I meant applique, provides a focal point that fixes the octagon to the whole piece. In other words, I think it works. If it will help, I could try get metaphorical about it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it works too and yes it will be very interesting to see what your group members end up adding to it.

    I love that each of the centers are so different and the end results should be great to see.

    ReplyDelete