Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ted Talk Thursday: Secrets

I remember hearing of Frank Warren and his website where almost half a million people have sent him handmade art postcards sharing their darkest secrets. He doesn't post them all, but the ones he post will make you fight back tears while you stifle a giggle.  I listened to him on Ted.com today, and I've been thinking about secrets all afternoon. My favorite one he showed was of the Starbucks cup re-purposed as a postcard with the secret, "I serve decaf to those customers who make me angry." Oh, I would hate to make that person angry!

The most visited advertisement free website in the world, Frank's website has serves as a cathartic place for people to connect through shared insights they would never dream of saying out loud. I think I might send in a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment